Very useful and sophisticated Herm Sprenger weymouth bit with revolving cheeks. Width of bit is 5.25ins. The Herm Sprenger® HO Weymouth Swivel Cheek lets the ported mouthpiece with a low port work independently from the shanks. Believed to be Aurigan* metal.
- mouthpiece and cheeks work independently from each other
- allows poll pressure without increasing the pressure on the tongue
- no tilting through single-sided rein aids
- slanting mouthpiece with a rounded port
- supports a fine and delicate communication
Aurigan is a copper alloy made of 85% copper, 4% silicon, and 11% zinc. … One advantage it has over other copper alloys such as German silver is that it is nickel-free; some horses have been known to have a nickel allergy which appears as pimples in the mouth