REDUCED FROM $6000!!
We have in store in excellent used condition a Centurion Magnetic Therapy Blanket and Hoof Pad.
WHAT IS PMF (PULSED MAGNETIC THERAPY)?
Pulsed Magnetic Field Therapy (PMF), also referred to as Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF) uses electrical energy to direct a series of magnetic pulses through injured tissue whereby each magnetic pulse induces a tiny electrical signal that stimulates cellular repair.
Healing, whether bone fractures or soft tissue follow very similar progressive stages:
1. Hemostasis: the blood clots, and blood vessels constrict to halt any further damage to the area. 2. Inflammation: pathogens and cell debris are removed, clearing the way for proper cell growth. 3. Collagen and in the case of bone fractures, cartilage and lamellar bone is deposited and formed. 4. In the final phase these new structures are remodeled to mimic the original formation.
But what does this have to do with PMF therapy? In order to understand how pulsed magnetic fields work, we need a basic understanding of how cells react either when we are in pain or have suffered a bone fracture or soft tissue damage. Each stage deals with cells and how they behave. Pulsed magnetic fields help increase cellular metabolism by positively influencing ion exchange within cells.
The keyword here is positively. What this means is that cells with a low concentration of sodium ions and high levels of potassium ions help maintain cell membrane potential – keeping the rest potential advantageous.
This benefits the healing process in several different ways: it stimulates tissue and increases blood flow, reduces swelling and speeds up hemostasis and inflammation allowing the body to move onto the rebuilding phase sooner. By moving the inflammation stage to the proliferative (soft tissue) or reparative (bone) phase it reduces pain which is most associated with inflammation.
It should be understood that PMF therapy is not a panacea, there are many factors which contribute to the healing process. Centurion Pulsed Magnetic Field Therapy, however, is a safe, painless and drug-free treatment method.
With the Centurion 4PH you have full control over treatment settings. The 4PH System has a full line generator that offers the user the choice of ten (10) different frequencies and nine (9) different intensity settings. Treatment time can be varied from one to ninety-nine (1-99) minutes. It comes with a powered generator, four leg wraps, a body blanket, two Splitter Boxes and a carry case. The 4PH is our most popular model because of its power and versatility, the leg wraps (spats) can be used on the legs or placed in an open position into the pockets of the blanket. The blanket is constructed of heavy cotton twill for withstanding everyday life in a stable and is washable. There are two optional applied parts for the 4PH, the Hock Boot (NOT INCLUDED), and the Hoof Pad.
• More control over treatment
• Ability to treat entire body
• Hock Boot
• Hoof Pad
• Power: 115V/60Hz. or 230V/50Hz.
• Unit weight: 9 Kg. (20 lb.)
• Dimensions: 496mm (19 1/2″) x 514mm (20 1/4″) x 190mm (7 1/2″ )
One of the newest editions to our PMF therapy equipment, the Hoof Pad works with either the 4PH or 9PH generator. This durable pad is made from heavy duty recycled rubber, making it great for use with horses. The magnetic field penetrates from 12 to 15 inches, not only treating the hooves, but also treating to just below the knee or hock. The Hoof Pad is perfect for treating the hoof, one of the hardest areas of a horse to treat. Other indications the Hoof Pad may work on include: abscess, concussion problems, bruised feet, swelling as well as many others.
• Heavy duty
• Field Penetrates 12″ to 15″
• Washable (Read manual instructions before cleaning your unit)
• Power: Input – 115V/60Hz. or 230V/50Hz.
• Power: Output – 18V/60Hz. or 18V/50Hz.
• Unit weight: 17.6 Kg. (39 lb.)
• Unit Dimensions: 441mm (17 3/8″) x 610mm (24″) x 60mm (2 3/8″ )
*** PLEASE NOTE: SHIPPING COSTS MAY VARY ACCORDING TO LOCATION – ***